The garlic’s closest relatives include the onion, shallot, leek and chive. With a history that dates back to several thousand years of human consumption and use, garlic is native to the region between the Mediterranean and China. It has long been a common seasoning worldwide. It was known to Ancient Egyptians, and has been used both as a food flavoring and as a traditional medicine.
Below are reasons why garlic should be in everything!
- Garlic strengthens the body’s immune system
- fights chest infections
- effective treatment of hyperthyroid
- garlic aids in preventing cancer
- treats fungal and bacterial infections
- regulates blood sugar
- improves bone health
- garlic helps detoxify heavy metals in body
- can help improve athletes performance
- garlic contains antioxidants which slows the aging process