Turmeric is part of the ginger family. It’s native to southern Asia, requiring specific temperatures and a considerable amount of annual rainfall to thrive. When not used fresh, the rhizomes are boiled for about 30–45 minutes and then dried in hot ovens, after which they are ground into a deep-orange powder commonly used as a coloring in Bangladeshi cuisine, Indian cuisine, Iranian cuisine, Pakistani cuisine, and curries, as well as for dyeing.
Here are top 10 evidence-based health benefits of turmeric.
- Curcumin which is found in Turmeric, is a natural anti inflammatory compound.
- Numeric has been shown to prevent prostrate cancer
- Prevents breasts cancer from spreading as proven in mice.
- Is a natural liver detoxifier
- Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent
- Tames heartburn and upset stomach
- Delays diabetes
- Protects the brain
- Numeric curbs joint pains